Friday, November 28, 2014

starlet promise



looking up at the stars as i think of you,  only the beating of my heart reveals how much i miss you
the tears on my cheeks, shimmering in the light of the stars above
i know in my heart that one day i shall see you again

the scars i see on my wrist cant compare to a love like this
so before you left, there is a promise that's to be kept
pointing to the stars hand high above my head
here's my promise to be said, "i will hang on till the very end"

i look up at the moon and you are looking up at it too
our hearts beat as one a new promise has begun
when ever you feel sad and alone, look up at the moon know im looking there too

maybe in doing this the distance will seem, so much smaller to you and me
we are looking at the stars, imagine the whole universe displayed before thee
we have the honors of seeing the beauty of the heavens tonight
its amazing looking at this sight, there's so many mystery's in this life

looking at the scars on my wrist one last time, remembering whispering i will hang on till i can be with you
your arms wrapped around me and you in mine
tears in my face smiling, i said i'd wait for that faithful day to come

I said i would wait till the end of all time, for i to  be yours and you to be mine
so until then i look up at the stars and hold on, my heart continues to play this song
i will look at the sky and wait for this day
this gives my heart the strength to continue on

to continue beating, to continue going, and to continue living
even the shadows of the night cant hide, this love we carry that continues on
past the distance that keeps you from me
and the time wont be so long till you can be with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment