Friday, November 14, 2014

loved and not alone

waking up with this pain inside,  feeling like i'm drowning in the sadness that surrounds my my heart 
tonight i find myself looking up at the clouds, frowning i whisper “I'm all alone.” 
standing out in the rain, silently wondering “can this end?” 
a broken heart is all that loneliness lends.
I stand here wondering if the wounds will ever mend. 

tears streaming down my cheeks, i fall to my knees my heart cries out 
“all the fears that i hide, and all the secrets that i keep” 
trying to stay strong to put on a brave face 
this act can only last so long. 

taking off the mask, in which i hide, the deepest pain i feel inside
putting my head in my hands, i still wonder “does anybody hear me cry?” 
no one knows how deep the scars really lie. 
im lost in the rain, but  then i hear somebody calling my name.
my  hope begins to to rise , and i began to think it all was a lie 
looking at the sky “im not alone?”


to my surprise i hear my name, then a moment later yet the same. 
from this i gain the strength to rise, running i hope to hear the voice one last time.
hoping yet in the darkness for a light to shine 
In this i began to see a sign, i lose sight of the sadness that was mine 
as your voice reaches my ears, i began to see you standing there 
smiling your arms are open wide , and i know i do not have to hide 
Now i can lay my fears aside

My heart begins to beat again, after so long of feeling dead 
I feel the wounds beginning to truly mend 
This love you have for me, is so much more than i have ever see. 
As i stand here in your arms, i truly feel nothing can go wrong 
here i came to understand that love is so strong 


this is what came to know
love is greater than any distance, near or far
love runs deeper than any scars 
love is there when we take our last breath, love transcends any death  

No comments:

Post a Comment