Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Story

                                                                                                                                                                 
 I wanted to tell my story about my journey to Jesus and why I came to him and at the end of this I am going to invite my readers to tell there stories as well. You can request to keep your name a secret. Why I am doing this is to show that there are millions of people who left there old life to come to the Lord and sometimes it is the normal guy you see in church or working that has a great story behind there lives.

           Well I guess where I start is were I lost my faith. When I was fourteen I was just hanging out in the backyard with my friend messing with a telescope that I got for my birthday. I live in a rural area farmland. We saw this dust kick up in a neighbor's field a lot of dust. My friend turned his telescope over to see an four door jeep on it's roof. We ran into the house told my father than ran for it a crossed the field as fast as we could run. We get there hard rock was blasting out of the jeep and about ten feet there is this guy laying there in the dirt. We did not know it at the time but he was already dead. We tried to get our neighbor's close by but nothing when we can back my other  neighbor who used to be a medic in the army. He checked his pulse and he told us to back away. Later to find out from my mother told me that he was getting married to one of her coworkers and he was running late to the wedding rehearsal. This is when I became an atheist. I wonder if God did nothing to save this guy then he must not be real.

          School was bad for me. There was never a day where I did not get bullied and dealing with the guilt of not saving the man. I lost my way got into things I should not have. Chased away everyone who cared for me. By the time I graduated I only had one friend for some reason stood by me. He offered me a job in Maryland at his father's shop. Fixing up cars and selling them. I get there we got placed in a trailer next to the shop. No power to the place or even running water then to find out I was not getting paid and no way to get home for two months I fell into a real dark place. Until one night I wanted to take my own life. I was sitting in the dark crying my eyes out. For some reason I cried out to God. just screaming God help me. A light washed over me and looked up to see this figure in the doorway. dressed in a rob with a hood. I went from great sadness to terror as I looked at this being. It moved into the room. It did not walk but floated in. came right up to the side of my bed. then the light shut off and felt a wave a peace fall over me. No longer did I feel sad. No longer did I stand there in confusion. I knew what needed to be done.

     Few months later I moved back to Pennsylvania. Where a neighbor much younger than me called me up and asked if I wanted to go to church so I did because I was looking for answers at that point later that day I started following Christ and a few months I got baptized. I only told a select few people about this but I wanted to share with the world so that people who may had a life like mine or worse knows God is there to help. I do not care if anyone believes me I know what I saw and know how I feel. And I do not regret these things happen to me for I would not be the guy I am today if it was not for those years.

       Now for the invitation. I invite anyone reading this to tell there story and like I said before you do not even have to use your real name. Just email us here at godstruth25@yahoo.com and tell us your story and we will post it on here as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment